CYS Scholarship Fund
The San Jose Community Youth Services (CYS) Scholarship Fund was established to:
- Encourage and reward community involvement and leadership among CYS youth participants;
- Recognize role models with the potential to inspire achievement among current CYS youth; and
- Enhance the competitiveness of CYS families for college entrance though financial assistance.
CYS expects to award one or more scholarships of US $500 or more, depending on the competitiveness of applications and funds available, to applicants who demonstrate academic achievement, community service, leadership, and effective communication skills.
All applications must be mailed (postmarked) by Friday, April 13th, 2018.
- Applicants must be current or former CYS participants graduating high school in 2018.
- Applicants must be planning to attend full-time at a college, university, trade school, business school, or other institution of higher learning within the United States in the fall of 2018.
- All applications must be complete and timely in order to be considered.
- Children of current CYS Board Members are not eligible.
Award decisions will be made by a committee appointed by the CYS Board of Directors. It is anticipated that award recipients will be notified by first week of May, 2018, and scholarship(s) presented at the CYS Pancake Breakfast on Sunday, May 13, 2018.